The Human Resource Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, employee relations, regulatory compliance, and payroll. Also serves as Safety Manager and directs safety committee. This is the sole HR person for the company.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Team builder
- Interviewing and recruiting skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of HR, safety laws and regulations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Promote and develop company culture
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, and helping to resolve work and/or personal problems.
- Employee relations, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Supervise and implement employee development programs to help retain employees.
- Develop and track employee training programs
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Process the semi-monthly payroll
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Track and report on HR metrics such as turnover, absence rates, department staffing levels, etc.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as Safety manager and direct the safety committee. Conduct safety meetings and worksite audits.
- Perform all tasks related to Worker’s Comp and unemployment administration
- Other HR duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience
Training and Experience:
PHR Certification preferred
Minimum 5 years Human Resources experience
Microsoft computer programs (Word and Excel)
Skills and Abilities to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office environment, utilizing standard office equipment and common warehouse tools. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.