The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible directly contributing to the growth of the company through the optimization of processes, products, and equipment in the membrane casting and element assembly operations. You will be responsible for supporting the production coating, assembly, testing, and/or chemical mixing departments. You will work closely with Quality, Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, and Product Development to decrease the cost, improve the quality, and increase the capacity of the production line.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Creative problem solver
- Self-directed with a drive to learn
- Communicate effectively with other departments
- Capability work on multiple projects simultaneously with guidance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Help the company achieve our vision of being the leading specialty membrane company through product excellence
- Create value and profit for the company by improving processes, equipment, and operator training resulting in decreased scrap and product cost
- Be an integral part to delivering our business strategy of supplying specialty membrane products in a cost effective and responsive manner to meet customer requirements
- Embrace the dynamic and thrilling work environment of a technology focused company
- Become a membrane manufacturing technology leader
- Adhere to our core values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and reliability
- Support assigned department(s) to keep production running efficiently
- Write and train to work instructions
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Industrial, or any other related Engineering degree
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point (Project is a plus)
- Data analysis and statistics
- SolidWorks, lean manufacturing, six sigma principles, and 5S skills are a plus
Skills and Abilities to:
Demonstrate teamwork skills, technical, communication, and critical thinking.
This position does not have supervisory duties
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production and office environment, utilizing lab, industrial, and office. The job will also require the employee to safely handle, use, and dispose of chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and write in a professional. The employee is also required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.