The Operations Manager will have the responsibility to manage and grow the operations department including production, maintenance, facilities, and engineering. Key responsibilities for this manager include meeting production schedules, ensuring product quality, decreasing scrap and driving efficiency gains to increase manufacturing capacity and reduce production costs. The Operations Manager will interface with the Supply Chain group for materials and production scheduling, the Quality group to insure product quality, and the Administrative group to review and control expenses, labor absorption, and standard costs. This position will interface with senior and executive management with regard to establishing production goals, performance, and a vision to support future growth.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Dynamic leader and people manager
- Manufacturing management and process improvement experience
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively across functions and influence others
- Ability to implement manufacturing best practices and track technology trends
- Good technical writing and documentation skills Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for operations management of the production facility in Goleta, CA and a new start-up plant in Austin, TX scheduled to start in 2018
- Manage the engineering group
- Responsible for management of the maintenance group
- Responsible for facilities management and maintenance
- Decrease membrane and element scrap Improve product quality
- Improve equipment utilization Increase labor efficiency
- Decrease production costs
- Increase capacity to meet expected demand from the S&OP process
- Improve on time shipments
- Ensure that the equipment and machinery has the capability to produce goods that meet our standards
- Improve operator training programs
- Responsible for Operations budget
- Develop an operations plan to support the company’s five year business plan
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related discipline.
Training and Experience:
5 to 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing management position. Understanding of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and process improvement concepts. Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP/CRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
Skills and Abilities to:
Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills. Good analytical problem solving ability. Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, basic income statement and balance sheet understanding. Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive internal team performance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office environment, utilizing standard office equipment. Entering with moderate frequency into other areas of the industrial facility will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. When entering other areas, the noise exceeds moderate levels. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit/stand and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.