The Plant Manager will have the responsibility to start and manage our new Austin, Texas production facility including production, maintenance, facilities, warehouse, and some administrative functions. Key responsibilities for this manager include meeting production schedules, ensuring product quality, decreasing scrap and driving efficiency gains to increase manufacturing capacity and reduce production costs. It is projected that the Plant Manager will manage an initial team in Austin consisting of 5-6 people, with the possibility to expand to 12-20 people over time as we add production capacity and more shifts. The Plant Manager will interface with the Operations department in Santa Barbara, as well as the Supply Chain group for materials and production scheduling, the Quality group to insure product quality, and the Administrative group to review and control expenses, labor absorption, and standard costs. This position will interface with the MNUS Operations Manager with regard to establishing production goals, performance, and supervision of the staff located in Austin.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Dynamic leader and people manager
- Manufacturing management experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively across functions and influence others
- Good technical writing and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the German language a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for operations management of the new start-up plant in Austin, TX scheduled to start in 2018
- Hire new production team in Austin
- Responsible for plant and facilities maintenance
- Meet established production schedule from the S&OP process
- Ship orders on time
- Ensure that the equipment and machinery has the capability to produce goods that meet our quality standards
- Operator training programs
- Responsible for plant budge
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
Training and Experience:
3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing position.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Skills and abilities to:
Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills. Good analytical problem solving ability.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office environment, utilizing standard office equipment. Entering with moderate frequency into other areas of the industrial facility will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. When entering other areas, the noise exceeds moderate levels. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit/stand and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.