The Product Design Engineer (PDE) is responsible for MNUS’s spiral wound membrane design throughout the product life cycle. From initial conception to commercial release, the Product Design Engineer will manage the development of new membrane products. A key aspect of the position will be to focus on creating, controlling, and maintaining Microdyn-Nadir US’s documentation as it pertains to our product and process specifications. In addition to developing new spiral wound membrane designs, the Product Design Engineer will assist in other R&D development projects as well as raw material qualification.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate technical, communication, and teamwork skills
- Able to work in multi-functional teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Communicate effectively with other departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Design and Develop spiral wound membrane products, and manage these products throughout the product life cycle
- Control and manage product documentation, including drawings, manufacturing specifications, and process control sheets
- Create and manage bills of materials (BOM’s), routings, and part numbers in Macola ERP system
- Ensure master drawing files and product design files are controlled, properly revised, and logged in our document control system
- Facilitate the timely change, approval, and release of product documentation and data including product model/part numbers, modifications to BOM’s, routers, and product specifications
- Create, develop, and support new spiral wound membrane verification process
- Initiate and manage new raw material qualification program from conception to implementation
- Embrace the dynamic and thrilling work environment of a technology focused company
- Adhere to our core values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and reliability
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
Training and Experience:
0 – 3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Microsoft computer programs (Word and Excel)
Skills and Abilities to:
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical problem solving ability.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a manufacturing and office environment, utilizing standard manufacturing and office equipment and common warehouse tools. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.