The Technical Service Engineer will have the responsibility to support the sales growth of BIO-CEL® membrane bioreactor (MBR) modules in the North American municipal wastewater market. This position will support field trials, on-site plant inspections, and technical training of operators. The position will collect, analyze, and document field trials to support on-going process and product improvement programs. This position will report to the global R&D manager and be part of the technical service team. The Technical service engineer will interface with customers, sales, marketing, and engineering staff within Microdyn-Nadir.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to repair equipment and solve problems
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively across functions
- Good technical writing, documentation, and analytical skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for field trials and on-site technical support
- Implementing and managing field trials and recording and documenting the data
- Create field service and test reports as required
- Ability to travel 2-4 weeks per month
- Ability to present operator training programs
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other related technical discipline preferred.
Training and Experience:
3-5 years’ experience in a technical, field service or operations role, preferably with a supplier of MBR membrane and/or equipment, wastewater treatment equipment or wastewater treatment facility.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical problem solving ability.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with small hand tools
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office environment, utilizing standard manufacturing and office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.