The Lead Buyer handles day to day procurement activities for raw materials for the Austin manufacturing facility as well as inter-company goods for both the Austin, TX and Goleta, CA manufacturing facilities. The Lead Buyer is responsible for buying materials and trading goods to support the production schedule and stock targets in a cost eﬀective and timely manner. Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products procured. Performs landed cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities. Maintains collaborative, innovative relationships with key suppliers. The Lead Buyer is responsible for maintaining a materials stocking plan in support of commercial lead time targets and planned production volumes. He/she will be responsible for mastering the tools and processes associated with the Purchasing discipline and continuous improvement.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Communicates clearly and effectively within all levels of the organization and with suppliers
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to perform cost analysis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Analyze material and trading goods demand, create Purchase Orders in the Macola ERP system to meet that demand and place orders with suppliers.
- Review and record order confirmations received from suppliers. Address or escalate issues and expedite as needed.
- Perform daily buying activities for assigned material types and services including price negotiation, setting up new suppliers and expediting as required.
- Maintain up to date supplier and material procurement data in Macola ERP system
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies
- Manage and minimize freight spend on the goods purchased
- Responsible for analyzing and improving inventory turns for goods purchased
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Other duties as assigned
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or other related discipline preferred
Training and Experience:
APICS CPIM a plus
Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP/CRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals
Microsoft computer programs (Word and Excel)
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in an office environment, utilizing standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please contact Human Resources here to apply.